This site is for family, friends, and colleagues of Avner Magen to post their thoughts and memories of him. Avner died in a climbing accident on May 29, 2010, in Alaska.

Avner was a beloved and devoted father, husband and son; a terrifically warm, funny, and energetic person; a brilliant and creative researcher; and a wonderful friend and colleague.

Please share your stories, memories and words of support by sending an email to AvnerMagenMemorial@gmail.com. You may also post comments to any entry. Visit this Photo Site for a photo memorial of Avner and his family and friends. Instructions for adding pictures appear next to the album.

More details appear on the Avner Magen Memorial page.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Miles Pitassi

I have had many great times with Avner and his kids,
especially his kids and his wonderful wife Ayelet who has
always been so nice to me. I feel like I must do something
back to her and her family. I cannot explain with words how
sad I am that Avner and Andrew have passed away. Avner was
always so lively and active and energetic. I felt like he
was one of my great friends because he acted just like a
kid, always wanting to be outside running around and having
fun. I just wanted to share my great times I have had with
Avner and I wish more than anything that he is treated well
wherever he has gone to. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment