This site is for family, friends, and colleagues of Avner Magen to post their thoughts and memories of him. Avner died in a climbing accident on May 29, 2010, in Alaska.

Avner was a beloved and devoted father, husband and son; a terrifically warm, funny, and energetic person; a brilliant and creative researcher; and a wonderful friend and colleague.

Please share your stories, memories and words of support by sending an email to AvnerMagenMemorial@gmail.com. You may also post comments to any entry. Visit this Photo Site for a photo memorial of Avner and his family and friends. Instructions for adding pictures appear next to the album.

More details appear on the Avner Magen Memorial page.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Noa Magen

Dad is... the best. We would always climb, play soccer, just
laugh, and much more. I didn't write was, because he remains
the best. Dad will never leave any of us, he lives within
Roy, Ofri and I. He will always watch over us, protecting us
from harm. I cannot express how wonderful he is. You would
have to know him to understand. Dad always talked about
climbing mountains with me, wrestling with me, singing with
me... I will never forget him, it would be an insult to the
times we had together. Because no Dad could have been better
to me. Daddy I love you and always will.

Noa Mirriam Violet Magen Bengal
Future marine biologist

9 comments:

  1. Dear Noa

    Reading what you just write about your dad, makes us feel sad, but we also felt and understand that your father is a great and outstanding person and a family man. Your ability to share these moments and fillings is a real treasure, and we thank you for that!
    We were shocked hearing about your lost and we are very sorry that you all forced to face this.

    We wish you all peaceful and just moments of happiness
    Eldad and Taly (we are close friends of Hadas and Alon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Noa,
    What a beautiful tribute to your father. You always did have a way with words. I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm thinking of all of you at this difficult time.
    Much love,
    Ms. Steel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Noa,
    Whenever I see you walking the halls of Palmerston I marvel at the little redhead in grade 1 that I used to know at Huron and who has now become such a beautiful, grown girl. Your loss saddens me and I am truly sorry. Keep your dad in your heart with you and continue your journey through life, always knowing that he is close.
    Wishing you all the strength you need...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noa,
    I am Jaime, your mothers friend, I hope you remember me, we used to play in your room when I would visit. I love your mother very much and I am so sad to hear this news, I just shed tear after tear for you, your brothers and your mom. The best people always seem to leave us to soon and it often feels so unfair. I enjoyed knowing your dad, he was so funny, full of stories and a pleasure to be in the company of. I wish I was in Toronto right now, but please know my heart is with you day in and day out. All my love,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noa,

    My heart is heavy for your loss. Although I didn’t really know your dad, I know him through you. I know he must have been a wonderful person because you, his daughter, are such a loving, caring and wise soul. Please know that everyone at school is sad for you, your mom and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noa,

    I will always remember your dad as a caring person.
    I'm here for you as a friend.
    Thinking of you every day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noa,

    This is Rie from Huron. I have heard from Ms. Steel about this sad news.I hope that you are doing all right . I know this is hard for you, and it is for me too. I know that he will always be with you in your heart . I will never forget him, since even though I didn't know him that well, I know from you that he was, and still is the best.

    Rie

    Noa,
    This is Tomoko, Rie's mom. I am very sorry to hear about this sad news and I cannot imagine how hard it is for you and your family. I know that your dad will love you and protect you always and forever. We are always here for you and your family. Tomoko

    ReplyDelete
  8. noa, I kind of know how you feel. My heart is bleeding for you and your family. I also want you to know if you need a friend right now I will gladly be there for you. your sad friend, lyla maria hatt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noa, you are right. Your Dad will never leave you. He continues to live on forever in your heart and your memories. You will always feel his presence near you. He must've been very proud to have you as his daughter. Thinking of you, Roy, Ofri and your mother...sending you my love...Parool

    ReplyDelete