This site is for family, friends, and colleagues of Avner Magen to post their thoughts and memories of him. Avner died in a climbing accident on May 29, 2010, in Alaska.

Avner was a beloved and devoted father, husband and son; a terrifically warm, funny, and energetic person; a brilliant and creative researcher; and a wonderful friend and colleague.

Please share your stories, memories and words of support by sending an email to AvnerMagenMemorial@gmail.com. You may also post comments to any entry. Visit this Photo Site for a photo memorial of Avner and his family and friends. Instructions for adding pictures appear next to the album.

More details appear on the Avner Magen Memorial page.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nikita Pchelin

Hi,

Thank you for setting up this page.

I first met professor Magen in the same semester I started
my studies at UTM. I took an introductory theory course in
CS that he taught. Even though my strengths and interests
have never been in CS theory, I was still able to, on
multiple occasions, share the enthusiasm and passion
professor had for the courses he taught. The greatest
teachers are those who can inspire their students to do work
they sometimes don't want to do.

Above all, however, he was a kind-hearted man who was always
eager to offer help and share knowledge. Because of that,
it's only natural how many people are touched by this sudden
loss.

I offer my deepest and sincere condolences to his wife,
children, and relatives.

HaMakom y'nachem etkhem b'tokh sh'ar aveilei Tzion
v'Yrushalayim.

No comments:

Post a Comment